The Imperial Cities
We are delighted to offer, a comprehensive 3-centre tour, covering the highlights of the majestic European Imperial cities of Budapest, Vienna and Prague with a range of carefully planned visits and excursions both within the cities themselves and to scenic local attractions, with the highlight a fantastic evening at Schönbrunn Palace including dinner and a light classical concert in the fabulous Orangerie.
Day 1 - Depart on a morning flight to Budapest. On arrival, transfer by private coach to your hotel, with free time prior to dinner.
Day 2 - Morning guided coach tour of Budapest, taking in the highlights of the city. Afternoon free for individual sightseeing.
Day 3 - Morning cruise around the Danube Bend to the popular artistic town of Szentendre, with lunch on board. Afternoon visit in Szentendre including a guided walk around the baroque artists village. Optional evening visit to the Opera.
Day 4 - Transfer by coach to Vienna. Remainder of the day free for independent sightseeing.
Day 5 - Morning guided tour of Old Vienna on foot, ending with coffee and cake at Vienna’s famous coffee shop, the Café Demel. Free afternoon or alternatively an optional tour extension can be arranged to visit some of the other sites of the city by coach.
Day 6 - Morning visit to the famous Spanish Riding Academy to see the Lipizzaner Stallions perform, including entry to the museum. Free afternoon or alternatively an optional excursion can be arranged to the Vienna Woods, followed by a wine tasting before returning to central Vienna early evening.
Day 7 - Free day for private sightseeing/shopping. Evening guided tour of the State Apartments in Schönbrunn Palace, followed by a glass of champagne, 3-course dinner and a classical concert in the Orangerie.
Day 8 - Transfer by coach to Prague. Remainder of the day free for independent sightseeing.
Day 9 - Morning guided walking tour of the Old and New Towns. Free afternoon or alternatively an optional tour can be arranged.
Day 10 - Free morning for individual sightseeing. Transfer to the river for a 2 hour cruise with lunch on the Vltava. Afternoon excursion to the magnificent, gothic Karlstejn Castle for a guided tour.
Day 11 - Free time for last minute shopping and sightseeing before your return flight to the UK.
The above itinerary is flexible and can be changed to include any visits of particular interest to your group. Two-centre tours visiting 2 of the 3 Imperial Cities can also be arranged should you prefer.
- Opera evening including dinner at the Café Gerbeaud, Café Muvesz (or similar)
- Half day excursion to Godollo to include a visit to the Royal Castle of Sissi with time for coffee and cake in the café (refreshments not included in excursion cost)
- Full day excursion to Lake Balaton to include a wine tasting and lunch
- Afternoon excursion to the Vienna Woods to include the underground lakes and caves of Hinterbruhl, onto Heiligenkreuz Monastery, Baden, an old Health Spa and Gumpoltskirchen village for a look at a large wine cellar followed by wine tasting before returning to central Vienna early evening
- Visit to the Musikverein (Brahms Saal) to see the Vienna Boys Choir (available on selected dates only)
- Half day guided coach tour to include Old sites such as the summer palace of the Habsburgs, the Opera, the Town Hall, Parliament or new sites such as the United Nations and the Hundertwasserhaus
- Evening visit to the wine village of Grinzing for a traditional meal with wine (1 glass) and gypsy music
- Classical evening concert at the Kursalon
- Performance of the State or Volks Opera in Vienna
- Half day guided tour of the Castle District by coach and on foot, including the Old Palace, St Vitus Cathedral, St George’s Convent and Basilica
- Folklore evening in a local restaurant, including dinner with unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks and a live show
PRICES FOR OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
This tour is based on 4 star hotels in a central location. If you wish to include either a higher or lower standard of accommodation within your itinerary than those shown on this page, we will be happy to provide you with a tailor-made tour quotation based on your request.
...please ask for more details
Departures are available daily from London Heathrow. Some indirect regional departures are also available. All flights and accommodation are subject to availability. For peak season dates we strongly recommend that you book early.